The Jamaica Chamber of Commerce expresses its gratitude to its membership, the Legislation, Regulations and Process Improvement Project (Legs & Regs) Committee, the following partnering agencies and funding agency, United States Agency for International Development (USAID), for making this initiative a success.
- Immigration Citizenship and Passport Services – Ministry of National Security
- Work Permit Unit – Ministry of L1bour and Social Security
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade
- Jamaica Customs
- United States Agency for International Development (USAID) under the Competitiveness, Markers, Investment, and Trade (COMMIT) project
Special thanks to Nadine Longmore the consultant responsible for compiling this document.
This is a compact presentation of pertinent information about Jamaica’s Immigration, Work Permit and Customs Procedures. It is intended to clarify uncertainties regarding these procedures.
The following pages contain three main sections including frequently asked questions (FAQs), To provide a quick and easy guide for business visitors to Jamaica regarding:
- Visa Requirements
- Work Permits and Work Permit Exemptions
- Customs Clearance Procedures
The Legislation, Regulations and Process Improvement Project (Legs & Regs) of the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce, in collaboration with the Immigration Citizenship and Passport Services Ministry of National Security, Work Permit Unit – Ministry of Labour and Social Security, Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Foreign Trade and Jamaica Customs, compiled this guide for business visitors to Jamaica. The booklet is another initiative by the Jamaica Chamber of Commerce to create a business friendly environment, and is funded by USAID through the COMMIT project.
Click the links below to access the related topics:
- Immigration Procedures
- Work Permit Procedures
- Customs Procedures
- Glossary of Terms