1. GK Insurance
GK General Insurance (previously JIIC- Jamaica International Insurance Company) was born out of the insurance agency operations of Grace, Kennedy & Company and commenced writing business on September 1, 1981. Having been part of the GraceKennedy Group for the last 35years, GK Insurance prides itself on providing general insurance solutions that cater to the needs of our clients. Our solutions include:
- Motor Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance
- Pecuniary Loss Insurance
- Marine, Aviation & Transport Insurance
- Liability Insurance
We have 6 branches islandwide as well as an online solution, www.gkgonline, for you to purchase your motor insurance from the convenience of your home. Our products can also be accessed via our broker partners and/or our agents.
2. If you have some thoughts to share on the session’s theme – i.e. “Building a Networking Strategy”.
Networking in more than just a conversation between a group of people. Instead it is the opportunity to learn about an individual, their style and preference that can in turn be used to create a viable partnership.
- Clear networking strategies are critical components for expanding businesses.
- They create opportunities to solidify old relationships and also establish new on, both socially and professionally.
- A number of our successful strategic partnerships were established with persons that we met at networking events.
3. Why networking matters to GK Insurance – in terms of their own business strategy, their staff etc.
Networking is part of our strategic plan for success. It a successful strategy that we employ to grow our business, increase our brand awareness and accessibility.
- Networking leads to relationships. It is the relationships we build with our clients and the overall customer experience that matters the most.
- We understand that our customers have a choice in where they do business. As a result, our team makes the extra effort for each client to feel that they chose right by doing business with us.
- As proud subsidiary of GraceKennedy, GKI recognizes the importance of the visibility of our brand and are very clear that not only should we be a good place of business but taking care of the community is crucial to the achievement of our overall business strategy.
4. Why GKI choose to come on board to support this JCC initiative
GKI is a proud member of the JCC, we are always happy to support the chamber in whatever way we can.
This Networking Series is of special interest to us as it provides an opportunity to network and offer an insurance solution to women- owned SMEs who need the peace of mind in knowing that their company and assets are protected in the event of a theft or even destruction.
5. How does GK Insurance answer women professional needs?
At GK Insurance, we provide insurance solutions for every type of entrepreneur with one product created specifically for our lady drivers. The Premier Lady offering comprehensively protects our female drivers while also offering:
- Special coverage for personal effects including: handbags, shoes, car keys, and infant car seats
- Emergency Roadside Assistance
- Critical Illness Coverage (underwritten by Sagicor)
- Protected No Claim Discount
- And more
In addition to the Premier Lady offering, we also offer a Premier Business solution for SMEs. Coverage includes: protection for the building and contents, loss of money, and/or revenue, liability and more.
6. How Female-Friendly is your office?
GraceKennedy and GK Insurance prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer. At GK Insurance our Managing Director, Mrs. Grace Burnett also is the Chief Executive Officer for the GraceKennedy Financial Group. In addition to Mrs. Burnett, we have a number of female managers, supervisors and staff within our organization including Mrs. Winsome Gibbs, Relationship & Business Development manager, whom will be speaking at the first of the Networking Series.